Your patients will have many questions regarding their full arch dental treatment. Patients ask more questions, are more educated and do more research than ever before. It is important to be in a position to answer queries and concerns effectively and with this in mind our team has put together FAQs to assist you to communicate the AuDentes protocol.
The AuDentes® procedure cuts days off currently available fixed implant bridge options.
After your initial consultations with your restorative dentist and oral maxilla surgeon you will be required to attend only one other appointment prior to your surgery.
We understand that your time is valuable so lengthy and numerous appointments are avoided as much as possible.
Using state-of-the-art digital technology we are able to collect all the necessary data to assist in the construction of your individualised implant bridge in readiness for your surgery date. Our innovative technique means that your time in the dental chair is considerably reduced.
Your remaining teeth (if appropriate) will be extracted, your implants will be placed and your AuDentes® implant bridge will be fitted while you are under anesthesia during your hospital stay. When you wake from your anaesthetic your procedure will be complete and your AuDentes® will be in place ready for you to enjoy a healthier, more confident smile.
Our typical schedule of appointments include the following:
Be aware that you may feel quite flat for a day or two after surgery. This is normal so be kind to yourself. Listen to your body and try to rest as best you can. Most patients are up and about doing light work on day 2 after their surgery.
Ensure you take antibiotics if they have been prescribed and any other medication suggested to you to manage discomfort. Avoid alcohol.
Your restorative dentist/ prosthodontist will take the required measurements and data for your implant bridge on your first visit. At this appointment you will be able to discuss your requirements and gain valuable guidance from your AuDentes specialist on the best look and function for your situation. All planning and device making happens behind the scenes and you are welcome to schedule an appointment to see the finished product prior to your surgery.
Your suitability for the AuDentes® procedure is dependent on a number of factors including your dental needs and general health.
Dental implants are well accepted by the majority of patients, however there are some individuals with a higher risk of complications including those who have poor healing, are smokers, have uncontrolled diabetics or who are taking some cancer or osteoporosis medications all of which increase failure rate.
It is recommended that you schedule an Assessment Consultation to discuss the viability of this treatment for your situation. This initial appointment will review your dental and medical health, bone density and suitability for implant placement and will empower you with a better understanding of the process to aid your decision making. We happily give Second Opinions if you have previously been assessed for a full fixed implant bridge option.
Yes. You can rest easy knowing that our team of specialists and support staff will organise all aspects of your treatment, including your hospital visit.
We understand that life is busy and organising dental treatment can be an extra drain you just don’t need. Leave the organisation to us and be confident knowing you are in the best hands.
Here is a list of questions you may be asked by your patients as they consider other full implant retained bridges, similar to the highly published All-On-4 type of technique.
A temporary and final bridge are very different in design and functional expectations. A final bridge will have a milled titanium bar providing support for the entire bridge. This bar needs to be ONE piece to be effective.
The choice in materials for the teeth will also greatly affect the cost. Acrylic and Porcelain options have different benefits and disadvantages.
Acrylic bridges are initially very pretty and have more flexibility to repair but as they wear well and may need to be refreshed which costs around $1200+.
* AuDentes® is a revolution in pre-fabrication of dental implant bridge made with a One-piece metal framework PRIOR to the surgery. It is a true FINAL bridge and will afford you a confident and highly aesthetic smile. The choice of acrylic or porcelain teeth is a discussion you and Dr Tan as you consider all the factors involved in your case.
If different treatment options are not discussed, you should get another opinion. Everyone’s mouth and situation is different so there really is no one size fits all treatment plan.
It is always a good idea to get a second opinion with such an important decision.
* As specialist AuDentes providers, our team has the experience and knowledge to offer many different treatment options, all with their own benefits and risks. There is always a choice.
Be sure to explore all your options.
Having a clear understanding of the warranty process and the ability to repair the implant bridge, if needed, in the future is important. There are 150+ implant companies who provide parts for implants globally. The choice needs to be made carefully and documentation needs to be of an exceptional standard. The choice of implant company can be a factor in the cost of your final restoration, but we recommend that you only use the most trusted implant companies.
* We work very closely with a small group of implant companies which are global leaders in the field and have long standing reliability, stringent testing. These companies will be operating in years to come, ensuring you are well supported if required.
Is there a warranty that I can see in writing? What are the failures that the dentists have dealt with in the past? What are my specific risks?
* Our warranty is in writing and we encourage you to have a look at the details. We will spend time with you to highlight any risks associated with your specific procedure and encourage you to seek a second opinion.
Find out the number of appointments, the length of those appointment times. This will give you a clearer understanding of your overall time in the dental chair preparing, receiving and reviewing your procedure.
* After initial screening, you will have a consultation with specialists and then your custom bridge is made. You can view your custom-made bridge before your surgical appointment (if you’d like to). Then it’s your hospital visit for teeth removal (if required) and the new bridge placement. Your new bridge will be in place when you wake up.
You will have review appointments and instructions to follow regarding cleaning and appropriate food to eat. The AuDentes® procedure is as little as 3 visits in total for treatment. Follow up appointments will be required but can vary. With such a big decision, many people choose to view their bridge or in some cases have other concerns which make more appointments necessary. Our team supports you throughout your journey and understand that everyone has individual needs.
With any system the aesthetics and bite can be compromised when only one arch is done at a time.
* If AuDentes® is the treatment option chosen, yes you can have just one arch done at a time, but there may be some compromises to discuss with your specialist.
The cost of any implant bridge treatment is an important factor. Make sure the discussions you have address the dental treatment and not just financing options. You want to be sure of what you are buying and the complete cost of the treatment, including all fees and services.
* We can help you get payment plans organized through our individual providers practices
Having teeth removed and implants placed is a surgical procedure and therefore will result in some pain. This varies greatly between patients no matter what treatment option is chosen.
* AuDentes® eliminates the need for further procedures after the surgery, aside from a check of the bite and bridge at the review. This is important as it allows the healing process to begin and not be disturbed by further dental treatment. We work with specialists who do their one thing and they do it very well. They are extremely experienced and proficient, which results in a quicker treatment time which obviously affects the pain and healing.